Kay A. Oliver interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books and stories began at a very young age. I loved writing motivational speeches and fun stories. I entered a speech writing contest in 6th grade and won second place because the teachers could not believe that my parents did not write portions of it. They did not.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Being an Author and storytelling has always been a dream.  It was a lot harder years ago since the only way to have a book is to have a book deal. I took the journey of working in Hollywood which is a different type of storytelling and loved editing films and TV shows.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

When Covid hit, I decided to use my extra time to write. Becoming an author for me was easy but I still had a lot to learn about the process. It is a passion and I ate it up.


Where do your story ideas come from? 

I have always been curious about a lot of things. When I hear a news story or someone asks a question, I tend to ponder on it. Example: My first book came from me wondering why it is okay to dig up every tomb we find but at the same time value our graveyards sacred places. Bam, I had a story about 2 excavated mummies.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write what you are passionate about and what you know or want to learn about.  Just go for it and begin.  There are a million different ways people get their stories out. Therefore, do what you feel is best for you. I started with Novellas because I was unsure. You might be surprised at which famous writers us novellas too. (I will let you research that for yourself)


Tell us about your book/books:

I have three books out right now, with a fourth coming out soon. 

My first book is a blend of my love of storytelling and archeology. “Voice of a Mummy.” Kaili Worthy makes a discovery that will shake your impression of death.

My second book is entitled “Shooter’s Treasure. A modern day western with suspense and a little romance. 

My third book is “Sisters in Cold Blood.” Let me ask you – what would you do if you found a confession letter from a serial killer and the police didn’t care because it is too old? Check out this book and see what Keri Shaw decides to do.

My next release is The Road to Elysium. A heartfelt story of self-forgiveness, bold verdicts, generosity and a neighborhood.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community has a special bond. We all go through the development of a story ideas, the editing process, marketing and release. Every story and book cover are different.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I love my readers. They understand that my characters are always accomplished, loving and treat others with respect. I am always surprised when someone tells me how much they love a certain book. 


Where can people connect with you?

I have a website: https://kayaoliver.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview