Jan Miklaszewicz interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began from being read to as a child, as well as being surrounded by readers.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I came late to the idea of wanting to become an author, flirting with it in my early twenties but not writing anything until my late twenties (a few unpublished novels, various short stories, and a lot of poetry). And it wasn't until my early forties that things started falling into place and I began writing poetry consistently and seriously.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

In my late twenties I enjoyed writing but was too soon resentful when success didn't come. In my forties, and with the advent of many self-publishing tools, I have found it very fulfilling.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

To those wanting to become authors, I would say: (1) Read widely, and if you are writing genre fiction, get to know your peers' writing and the conventions of that genre very well; (2) Write what interests you and what you believe to be true; (3) Try to get your early work done in private, as people, even those who mean well, can discourage you and take the wind out of your sails.


Tell us about your book/books:

Aside from my one non-fiction title, which deals with seeking and psychology, my books fall into two categories: (1) Collected poems about pop culture and spirituality, psychology, relationships, and the nuts and bolts of everyday life; (2) Standalone narrative poems, a genre that I think has so much potential, since readers get a fully-developed story that doesn't take too much time from their busy lives.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love being able to share ideas and comment on the projects and thoughts of other writers and readers.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say to my readers, thank you for giving me your time. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk about what you've read.


Where can people connect with you?

I have a linktree - https://linktr.ee/Jan_Miklas

- with various social media links (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Goodreads) and I do enjoy correspondence, so feel free to drop me a line.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview