Isabella May interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I live in (mostly) sunny Andalusia, Spain with my husband, daughter and son, but I grew up in Somerset on Glastonbury's ley lines. In-between both of these destinations, I have experienced life in Bristol, Bath, Cheltenham, Bordeaux and Stuttgart... and spent every spare penny on travel and cake.


When did your love of books begin?

My earliest memories of 'reading' are sitting on my pink potty with a massive pile of books at my side! 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I worked in children's publishing for a decade in my twenties. It was an extremely jammy and fascinating job, selling foreign rights for novelty, board, pop-up and non-fiction books all over the world; in every language imaginable from Icelandic to Korean, Bahasa Indonesian to Papiamento! But my own stories were bubbling away inside me and I knew that I couldn't keep hiding behind other writers' words. When we moved to Spain 11 years ago, I finally put pen to paper...


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

A rollercoaster! It's a cliché but it's so flipping true.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Getting a traditional publishing deal is wonderful, but self-publishing can be even more epic and rewarding - creatively and financially - offering success, longevity and a unique kind of fulfillment. Don't be too quick to snub it! If I knew at the outset what I know now about the benefits and joy of being an indie author, I'd have saved myself a lot of heartache.  


Tell us about your book/books:

I write uplifting and escapist rom-coms in a series called Foodie Romance Journeys. My books are choc-full of swoony love interests, scrumptious food, and amazing locations. Whilst some of the characters cross from story to story, all of the books work as standalone titles, too.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It's a very special mix of people where I have made so many brilliant, cherished and long lasting friendships.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

You are appreciated more than you will ever know!


Where can people connect with you?

www.isabellamayauthor.com

Twitter - @IsabellaMayBks

Instagram - @isabella_may_author

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/IsabellaMayAuthor/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview