Chris Mele interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm Chris Mele. I grew up in the Bronx, N.Y., in the 70s and 80s during its rough years, which was formative for me. I'm passionate about journalism and have worked in news for 36 years. I've recently completed a draft of my first novel -- an exciting milestone!


When did your love of books begin?

I think when I was about 5 years old and was introduced to our local public library. I recall being overwhelmed with the choices and spellbound by the dazzling array of covers.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never ever thought I would write fiction but I started a short story 15 months ago that just grew and grew, and turned into 76K words and a novel.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's daunting and challenging and chaotic and fun. It's a sharp break from a lifetime of writing nonfiction and therefore quite challenging for me.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just go for it. Don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks. And tell your inner critic to sit down and be quiet.


Tell us about your book/books:

It's a mystery set in the Adirondacks of New York.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

People are supportive, witty and very clever.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Be kind. In all ways, just be kind.


Where can people connect with you?

Email: chrismelemedia@gmail.com; website: bettergetaneditor.com; Twitter: @chrismelemedia 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview