Book interview - It's A Stray Dog's Life 2


Please tell us a little about the book

The story introduces the reader to three new dogs as they lead us through their lives as strays. Friends from the first book also make a welcome return.

In "It's A Stray Dog's Life 2" you'll meet Mumsy as she tries to control her two puppies, Pitch and Putt, despite the best efforts of Snowy to lead them astray. Jasper learns being a nice dog can truly change his life, as he finds his 'forever' family, and explores the new city he now calls home. Finally, you'll accompany Toby as he tries to solve complex crimes. Beware, though, he might not be as clever as he thinks he is.


Where did the inspiration come from for your book?

Where I live we have a large community of stray dogs. I do the best I can to help feed and play with them all. It can be overwhelming at times when I take a box of dog biscuits to the beach and am suddenly surrounded by a dozen dogs. The amazing thing is they all wait their turn without any fighting. It made me think about what their lives are like and what they really think about humans.


If you could say anything to readers of this book then what would it be?

Be nice to each other. Life provides enough bumps in the road without you becoming one of them. Even the stray animals have worked that out.


Are there plans for more from these characters, or is it a stand alone piece?

Absolutely, even when I think I might run out of stray animals to write about, I get a shock.  I’m now looking after 3 puppies who’ve turned up on the beach. I’m sure they’ll have a few ‘tails’ to tell.


Where can we purchase your book?

“It’s A Stray Dog’s Life 2” on ebook is currently available to pre-order exclusively from Amazon with a release date of 11 November. The paperback will be available at the end of October and will roll-out across all outlets after its release.


Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too.

www.maximiliansam.com You’ll find all my social media links on the website. There’s also plenty more to see including a photo gallery of the animals, some videos and my regular blog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview