Jason Newman interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm Jason, 46 from Manchester. I work in IT Support to keep me out of mischief and pay the bills. I love to read non fiction such as popular science and travel writing.


When did your love of books begin?

Sometime in adulthood. I really didn't read much at school. My mum kept pestering me to read more which made me not want to and as a kid I would stand my ground.

I realised when I was about 19 that I was into non fiction, particularly popular science.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I think I've had it for years, we all want to leave a legacy and we want to reach out to people. I learnt about four years ago that people were self publishing online and that it was easier than you think to get your own book out there.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

There is just so much to learn and there are so many steps to producing a book. I've self published both of my books and I'm still learning. When I write a third book I will hopefully not repeat the mistakes I made before. I will never stop learning and improving on this journey.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just start writing now. Write anything at any time. Write down any ideas you have. Do plenty of research, read similar books to your dream book and gain ideas of how to write it. Seek assistance anywhere you can, about grammar, structure, spelling etc there's plenty all over the internet.


Tell us about your book/books:

I've written two self help, good health books based on my own experience and research that I've carried out. I've drunk and eaten too much in the past to the point where my health was at risk. I've had quite a journey to overcoming those issues and I've decided to share my experience and ideas in order to help others.

I'm currently working on my next book about overcoming procrastination, another problem I've had over the years which lots of us do.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Most other authors are very friendly and helpful, we're all in this together even if we are competing. I haven't found any hostility or nastiness. It's easy to find other authors on most social media platforms and share ideas and wisdom. In short it's a lovely community to be part of.

You do have to be careful as there are scammers out there who promise to market your book at a low price. I've learnt with experience what the red flags are with other social media users.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

A big thankyou for all your support, I love you all.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter https://twitter.com/Jason4Newman

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jason_newman_author/

Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1582808.Jason_Newman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview