Faye Hall interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Faye Hall and I'm an Australian author of Steamy Historical Romantic Suspense eBooks that explore passionate and scandalous love affairs set in the uniqueness of rural Queensland, Australia.


When did your love of books begin?

I was a chatty child and was forever making up stories to tell my mother in the car. I was always surrounded by books and started reading as soon as I could.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

My mother always encouraged me to write down the stories I told her and that carried on until high school. By then I was writing a kind of fan fiction based on movies I loved to watch. My senior English teacher told me I was wasting my time and would never be a published author. That gave me the drive to want to prove him wrong and I've been writing and sending books out into the world ever since.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Interesting.My first book was published in 1996 by Venus Press who then shut down. I was then picked up by another publisher who closed due to a family dispute a few weeks before publication. Red Sage was my next publisher and I had 5 books with them. It was a nightmare of a contract but when they shut a couple of years ago I got my book rights back. Whilst with them I was writing for another company called Beachwalk Press who was an absolute dream and they released 12 of my books before shutting down.
Since then I've decided to publish my own books through my family run publishing company 4th Avenue Press and though I'm kind of back to square one, it's the first time I've felt in control of my own work.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It's hard but if you write for yourself you will always feel rewarded.


Tell us about your book/books:

I currently have a 7 book series for sale. Each book can be read independently. It's a different take on the 7 deadly sins and virtues set in 1871 Australia. There's crime, scandal, drama and of course passion.
More books will become available in the coming months and they are also set in Australia 1860 - 1910.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the support so many are willing to give even just to try and get your name out there.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you a million times over.


Where can people connect with you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown