Fallon Arsenault interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm Fallon from PEI Canada, a 25 year old who has a love for reading, writing, and my dog Navy.


When did your love of books begin?

When I was little my mother would read to me Darcy in Cabin 13 and that was the first book that I can remember my mom reading to me. I guess you could say it started there. As the years passed reading sort of stepped into the background until high school where I would waste my lunch reading in the library instead of doing my homework.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was really young when I would start writing stories, all by hand. But it wasn't until I was in college that I decided that it was time to put all the ideas in my head to good use and get them down on paper.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I feel like your first book is always the hardest. It took me three years to write Lady Darkness. I had taken a break, forgot about it, and flipped it. I also had a decision to make when I finished it whether or not to go after traditional publishing or self-published. In the end, I decided that self-published was the way to go for me.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just write. The scary part is putting the words down on paper and trying to get them to make sense. Your first draft is going to be messy and filled with plot holes so make sure you jump into editing. But take a break. Work on a new story for a little bit before going back to the editing. It gives you fresh eyes.


Tell us about your book/books:

I currently have three self-published works. My debut novel is called Lady Darkness and it follows Ivy, who can't remember anything, as she is accidentally broken out of prison only to find out that there is a war going on and she is the one who started it.
Chasing the Darkness is actually the prequel to Lady Darkness, but I would recommend reading Lady Darkness first as the prequel does have spoilers.
My third novel is a YA High school romance. It is really a modern-day Cinderella retelling.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how supportive readers are. Readers recognize that as indie authors we struggle to get sales or don't have the big promotions that traditional publishers have and they support us. It warms our hearts every time one of the readers chose to read our books and leave a review.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you. Thank you to every single reader who decided to choose one of ore of my books to add to their shelves.


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me at the following socials
Tik tok : @fallon.author
Twitter: @ArsenaultFallon
Instagram: @fallon_arsenault.author


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview