Diane Merrill Wigginton interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I think I first loved books when I was an adult. I grew up having a hard time reading and didn't understand why. I had Dyslexia and no one caught it until I was a senior in school and it was my boss at The Game Keeper who alerted me to the fact that I transposed numbers when I cashed out at night. Then the light came on and I realized that I wasn't stupid, but had a learning disability. I managed to learn with the problem all through school, graduating with a B average, despite my disability. I even went on to college, getting a degree in Dental Assisting.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I used to daydream like most young people but never thought that I had what it took to be a writer. I even took classes when I was in my 40s to be a children's book writer but like most people, I was busy working and raising children. It wasn't until my brother died in January 2011 and then my father died in December of that same year, that I realized that life was too short to wait for the right moment to live my dreams. So, after I processed my grief, I sat down one day and began to write. Six months later I had my first manuscript, Angelina's Secret. I won a Benjamin Award for that one.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

A huge learning curve. Learning how to publish, market, and promote myself has been difficult. In the beginning, there weren't as many groups and sites that I could turn to when I had a question. Now, the field is wide open for Indie authors to turn to when they have questions and need help.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Writing and expressing oneself is an amazing, cathartic feeling; there is nothing like it when you discover your voice and learn how to express it. If you dream of writing a book, study, learn and go for it because we all have a story to tell. It's just some people tell a better story than others. Learn to be the best storyteller you can be.


Tell us about your book/books:

The Jeweled Dagger Series consists of Angelina's Secret, Isabella's Heart, and Olivia's Promise. They are all Adventure/Romance with some Historic facts and a few paranormal phenomena to add a little spice. The female characters are strong, independent, and know how to fight back against injustice. Yet at the core of each story there is an epic love story. I love this series and it won, "The Most Inspiring Author," award from International Authors Inspiring Change.
Lara's Story is a stand-alone, and it follows a young woman from humble beginnings in Ireland during the "Great Famine," to the fine lady in Philadelphia. Lara experiences some heartbreak in her day but also times of eminence joy and love from the couple who adopted her and brought her to America. It is a heartwarming, adventurous story with a HEA.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how supportive they can be and how they are all willing to help one another out. It is also such a large group that there is always people to connect with and get to know.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Life is a journey, and books and a good story make that journey all the better.


Where can people connect with you?

I am all over the place:
If you go to my Bookfunnel page or Mailchimp page and sign up for my mailing list, you can get a FREE copy of Angelina's Secret
Bookfunnel landing page  https://BookHip.com/FFJRKAT


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview