Amy Beckett interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm Amy Beckett, a (now) published author, based in Kent in the United Kingdom. I'd say I'm a Women's Fiction Author, although it turns out a lot of men have also bought my book, so I guess "Adult Fiction Author?" I draw my inspiration from personal experiences of my back in the day unique and interesting social life.


When did your love of books begin?

I started reading quite early on in life, both fiction and non fiction even at primary school. Encyclopaedias/Dictionaries (yes I was a strange child), the Bible and I loved books by Enid Blyton and Lucy M Boston.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Again, in primary school. I was always making up stories and creating my own book covers etc. I won short story awards and story writing cups from the age of 11. In my teens I went through a phase of writing a lot of poetry too.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Stressful! My mind says all the time "why can't I just write and then my books magically get found easily by people even though I'm self publishing?" The writing process itself is fine, it's the rest of the process that send me off kilter a little.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

WRITE! I have so many friends who have now come to me saying "I really want to write a book" and I ask "Cool, what have you written so far?" and they say nothing! JUST write. That's all you can do to start with. The rest will follow or fall into place.


Tell us about your book/books:

"From Secretary to Stripper" is a semi-autobiographical and part fiction story. It follows the life of agirl (Holly Burnett) getting into the Adult Entertainment Industry. It covers the ups and downs of that career, but also the personal life of Holly so people get an understanding that she's a normal human being with normal problems just like anyone else who doesn't work the pole. The book will make you laugh, it will also have you crying tears of sadness (you have been warned!)


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I've discovered there's a lot of support from the writing community. There's a lot of good advice out there if you ask for it and it turns out people are rooting for me from both the writing and the reading community. Those who have read my book are already asking when the next one is coming out.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Don't read my book so fast because it's going to take me time to get the next one done (not 14 years like the first one though!)


Where can people connect with you?

Website: https://amybeckettauthor.comThey can read other articles I write onhttps://medium.com/@ABeckettAuthorFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/amybeckettauthorInsta: @abeckettauthorTwitter: @ABeckettAuthor


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview