W A Edwards interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I’m Wendy, wife, mother of three. Living in the Scottish Borders. When I’m not chasing after my kids I enjoy reading and crochet.

Hunter’s Fated Wait is my first self-published book.


When did your love of books begin?

The first book I remember reading was Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.  It really struck a chord and made me realise that books can have an effect on me.  But Jane Austin’s Pride & Prejudice captured my heart in my late teens and I never looked back. I enjoy reading many different genres. Some of my favourite authors include Diana Gabaldon, Susanna Kearsley, E E Holmes and Jolie Vines.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have always daydreamed up stories in my head thinking one day I would love to write a book but never actually put pen to paper, I until the start of 2022. My 13-year-old likes to remind me that I’m nearly 50 so I though why not, give it a go what’s the worst that could happen.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Getting the story out of my head and written was a lot easier than I imagined. I made hand drawn maps and lists of characters with details of how they are all connected, where they all lived and worked, it helped me keep everything straight.

The hard part came when I had to edit it, but with the help of my 13-year-old who set me straight on some of the grammar aspects. I got there in the end. I really enjoyed formatting and organisation side of it.

I published through KDP and found all their information and videos very easy to understand.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write what you want to read. Write what interests you, that way you will be more invested.

I wrote my book the way I did because it incorporated all the different things I enjoy in a book. Even now when I read it there are times it brings a tear to my eye and others that have me laughing.


Tell us about your book/books:

Hunter’s Fated Wait is a clean shifter fantasy, (I knew my 13-year-old would be reading it.).
It is Book 1 in the Pine Lodge Pack series, I am currently writing book two.

The story is told from two different points of view. Hunter has recently taken over Pine Lodge Pack a position he never thought he would find himself in being the third child of an Alpha. Ali has had to return home to deal with some heart-breaking news.

They are both finding their place and dealing with the new situation as best as they can.

It is set in an alternate future roughly 45 years from now. The world has changed.

I touch on topics such as grief, friendships and even environmental issues. It is a slow burn romance. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone is so friendly and shares in your ups and downs. Offering words of encouragement and sharing in your celebrations.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for giving my book a read, I hope you enjoyed it. There is lots more to come from Pine Lodge Pack.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter @AuthorWa

Facebook @WAEdwardsAuthor
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B6WN7WTS/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown