Toni aka Poetic Nana interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Poetically when I write/perform I'm known as Nana. As a fiction writer I'm simply Toni. I am a work in progress attempting to heal from the earth shattering loss of my daughter. Writing is my therapy. I am currently in the works of publishing my first book. 


When did your love of books begin?

Very young, it was a needed escape from a hectic household.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I took my first creative writing class in middle school and my teacher seen me, it what a thing to be seen. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

A series of fortunate accidents. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it. Leaving a story behind makes you immortal. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I have poetry and short stories Nana's Poetry at www.lifeispoetic.org

I am in the process of publishing my first fiction book, a 3 part collection of short stories that have a similar vibe to something like the twilight zone- odd, thought provoking and something you can perceive many different ways. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Inspiring and being inspired. I really enjoy sharing thoughts and feedback. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Writing is my way to connect with people. It has always meant the world to me, but after the devastating loss of my daughter it has unlike everything remained consistent. With losing myself and having to find a new norm it has helped me stay soft and vulnerable even when the rest of me hardened. 


Where can people connect with you?

Instagram and Tiktok poetic_nana
Twitter @writehanded 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview