T.C. Chase interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I was born in Texas but moved to Ohio when I was 7. I am a sales manager at a hotel, have 2 wonderful teenagers & am sending my oldest off to college next week. I am also a furbaby mom to an Akita & 2 tabby cats.


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began when I was little. I began "writing" when I was about ten but wrote mostly poems and short stories. I didn't write my first book until I was in my late 30s.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I had a wish to become an author in my late teens. Life had other plans for me, so that was put on the back burner until I was older.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I have found it fun, but extremely hard, especially when you juggle a full-time job and 2 kids.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say just go for your dreams. Even if you don't make a fortune & end up publishing your books on your own, put your work out there. Knowing that people appreciate your hard work is a rewarding feeling.


Tell us about your book/books:

"One Night in New York" is the title of my new book. It's about a girl from a small town in Ohio. She relocates to New York and attends FIT to pursue her dream of working in the fashion industry. She doesn't get her "dream job," and life appears to be taking its time getting her where she wants to go. Her roommate Angie convinces her to go out one night, where she meets wealthy bachelor Liam Taylor. He is a clothing designer who is looking for nothing more than a one-night stand. But that changes quickly. Natalie has a hold on him that he can't seem to shake. I won't give anything away about the ending, but there's a lot that happens during their whirlwind romance, including a new baby and an unexpected death. I also have a thriller, "House of Dolls." Nathan, the main character in this book, is obsessed with collecting things, particularly porcelain dolls. His father grows tired of his collection and destroys it, causing Nathan to spiral out of control. He plots and commits a heinous crime, then replaces his collection with "living dolls." Both of my books are part of a series. "One Night in New York" has a sequel called "One More Night," and "House of Dolls" is a trilogy that includes "Chain the Master" and "The Prisoner's Seed."


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how there is a sense of, "we're in this together. We lift each other up, and give each other the push I think we all need. Whether it's from a successful published author or independently published. We all work hard, and I think that all authors know how much time, blood, sweat, and tears people put into their work.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say that I hope they enjoy everything I put out there for them to read and that I appreciate everyone who has supported my work and continues to support it; both readers who have been there from the beginning, and new ones just joining.


Where can people connect with you?

T.C.Chase (@TCChase2) / Twitter, or  Tammy Chase (@TcChase) - Wattpad


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview