Ru Saxon interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

https://www.amazon.com/30-Ready-Ru-Saxon-ebook/dp/


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began from a very young age, my mum bought me my first ever adulting / outside of school Famous Five by Enid Blyton . That’s when I fell on love with reading. Thereafter it was Animal Farm .. etc


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’ve always been a writer at heart from as young as five years old. At the age of 13, I was writing poems and trying to have them published online


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s not the easiest, as sometimes I’ll get writers block. Sometimes you have to experience something that inspires you to share a story by being in different environments to get ideas. The hardest part for me is probably marketing as I don’t enjoy that aspect.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Anyone wanting to be an author, do it, but most importantly remember it takes time to finalise your book, and even when you do, you’re never a 100% sure if you’re ready to share it. For that reason alone don’t let your fear of judgment stop you. 


Tell us about your book/books:

The book I wrote is called 30 & Ready. I wrote this book with the hope to inspire anyone under 30  (as I’ve got younger siblings) who may be  afraid of becoming ‘’proper adults’’ and feel like failures due to societal pressure. The idea was to reassure people close to 30 that it’s not a race, take your time to grow, love yourself… everything else that is meant for you will happen or unfold at the right time, most importantly life is  a journey and everyone’s journey is different. In very simple terms the books is to discourage self comparison and promote self confidence. There’s also a little poem I think the book.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I just love how everyone is supportive of each other as we all understand how much work it takes and wanting to share something with others in hope that it makes a difference to their day.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

The moment you stop seeking approval from others is the moment you realise your self-worth.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter - Ru Saxon
Twitter - 30&Ready


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview