Rebecca Rathe interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, My name is Rebecca Rathe and I am a new/baby romance author. I write primarily spicy romance that borders on smut (my stories have plots, but a lot of s3x). In my non-book life I'm a neurodivergent mother of two young boys, I love my dog and caffeine the most, and I prefer books to people in general.


When did your love of books begin?

I have loved to read since before I can remember. I have strong memories of getting in trouble for reading too much- reading instead of doing my chores, hiding in my closet to read, or staying up WAY too late with my secret booklight.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Being an author is a childhood dream of mine.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process is... pretty intense. There's so much more than just writing stories! I thought finishing that first draft was the hardest part, but I was so wrong! All of the editing, marketing, and promoting is a lot!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just do it. Go for it. The worst that happens is you accomplish a goal and not many people read it, right? Let me tell you- it feels SO DAMN GOOD to follow and accomplish that dream!


Tell us about your book/books:

My completed duet, Progeny and Retribution, follows the story of a traumatized woman who wakes up in the hospital surrounded by five strangers. It's clear she's been through some major trauma, that she'd been running from someone or some thing. But she has no memory of who she is or where she came from. The five men that help get her to the hospital after she collapses in a park are curiously drawn to the woman. They don't leave her side, and end up risking their own safety to hide her away when uniformed men come looking for her. In the process of helping her pick up the pieces of her past, they find that they are all connected to each other in unimaginable ways.
They navigate a dark conspiracy, facing unfathomable dangers that stand in the way of their safety and happiness together. The closer they get to each other, the more their love unfolds, the more it hurts when truths get uncovered and tragedy finds them.
*This is a MMMFMM romance where the main character finds her happily ever after with multiple love interests. There is explicit sexual content, including various pairings of all the characters.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I don't think I've ever felt this included, this supported, by any community that I've been a part of. It's an incredibly supportive and inclusive community that I am so lucky to have found a home with.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I love you, and thank you. The moment you picked up my book you made a lifelong dream a reality.


Where can people connect with you?

I have a wonderful and active Facebook group called Rathe's Ratchet Readers, and I have accounts on TikTok and Instagram where I share book content and more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview