Nicole Dake interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, I'm Nicole Dake. I am a mommy blogger and author. I live in Germany with my partner and my 5 year old, and I am originally from the US. I have an older daughter too who is still back in the U.S. I have a BA in Psychology from the University of Colorado with a Minor in Religious Studies. I also have a Paralegal Certificate.
I started blogging in April 2021 to prepare for writing a book. I'm told that it is good practice to start writing every day.


When did your love of books begin?

I have loved books since I was a kid. I could always be found at the library or reading something, since I could remember.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Probably around the 8th grade when I started writing poetry. I dreamed of being able to live in a little house by the ocean and just writing.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It was both easier and harder than I thought. The writing part comes easily, the book promotion is harder.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you have a story inside you, then get it out onto paper! Start writing now. If you wait until you are 'ready' then you are just going to keep waiting forever. There is no perfect time.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have three published books so far, and another one in the works.
Trauma Survivor's Guide to Coping With Panic Attacks: I wrote this to help others with PTSD to cope better with panic attacks using skills that I have learned in my own life. It is a short read focused on the panic attacks themselves.
Happy. Healthy. Rich. The smart mom's guide to living your best life: This book talks about a goal setting process that I used to start intentionally living my best life. It is about learning to be happier by learning to be healthier and reducing your stress.
The Way Things Go: This is my new poetry book. I collected a bunch of poems I had written over the years about life, love, friendship and published it as a collection. This just came out July 31st.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the writing and reading community because people are so supportive of each other. I have connected with some great people through writing.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say thank you for reading. And, I hope that my experiences are able to help you to live a better life. If I can do it, so can you. Nothing can stop you from achieving happiness if you are willing to always keep moving forward. Also, if you are struggling right now, remember to be gentle with yourself. Life can be difficult sometimes for everyone. You aren't alone in your struggles, there is help out there! Don't be afraid to go to therapy if you need it. It doesn't make you weak, it means you are willing to put in the work to heal.


Where can people connect with you?

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Medium


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview