Maria Liviero interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

Well, not so much with books but became passionate about studying and found my creative streak through academic work. I left school with minimum qualifications and was diagnosed with dyslexia in my final year of university. It was my creative energy that drove me to write.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

A few years ago, actually about 10 years ago. Recently, I had a conversation with a dear friend, she said I spoke about writing a book, but cannot remember. So, obviously then I had a strong desire to be an author but didn’t know it. Reflecting, I guess its my creative energy that pulls me in that direction. I feel or experience a deep sense of peace, joy, and freedom that nothing can disturb my equilibrium - of course on occasion 😊


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

This is my first that taken about five years. As anything you plant the seed and water it then gradually take on a life of its own and that exactly what happened. I stopped and started, changed the title, it was too academic, frustration, spent additional costs on proofreading, people misdirected me. I also enrolled on a Phd course prior to the book, then left thinking I don’t need this I will use my ideas for a book. In the end, the book took over me so couldn’t drop the idea.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If there is a deep desire or hunger for becoming an author no obstacle can stop you – somehow you find the energy to overcome issues. Also having confidence and a conviction; at times I wasn’t sure if I had the abilities or being good enough or was it a fantasy!


Tell us about your book/books:

The underlying message of the book is to understand ourselves is given by a character called Eve who enters into a parallel universe between Genesis and present day only to discover the dark side of human nature that stems from God in favour of transcending the false ego. I believe the book came from my higher self no way would I have put myself out there. I used some of my life experiences of addiction to give meaning and authenticity. Writing this book has showed me that you can connect with your soul or your higher energies.


Where can people connect with you?

@MariaLiviero1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview