Jeffrey Kerr interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I can't remember a time when I didn't love books. I remember sneaking into my older sister's room as a little kid so I could read hers. I think my passion was genetic, as my father was almost late to my sister's delivery because he had to run back into the house for a book to read at the hospital. My mom says, "If you can read, you'll never be bored."


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In 2003 I found a bunch of fascinating historic photographs at the Austin History Center. I began driving around time to take pictures of those same sites for comparison. One night, as I regaled my bored family with my findings, my son said, "Enough, Dad. Write a book." So I did. I've been writing ever since.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's a rollercoaster ride, for sure. There's lots of hard work, but it's not really work if it's fun, right?


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write something every day. Accept feedback without emotion. You might learn something that improves your writing.


Tell us about your book/books:

I've had three non-fiction books and two novels published. Seat of Empire: The Embattled Birth of Austin, Texas (Texas Tech University Press: 2013) was named the year's best work of literature about the Republic of Texas by the Sons of the Republic of Texas. I'm currently working with an editor to polish a thriller, Refuge, set in the near future when the US has a kill zone at the Mexican border and mandates subcutaneous identity chips for members of certain ethnic groups.
My most recent published novel (on Amazon), The Republic of Jack, is about a Texas politician who inadvertently triggers the expulsion of the state from the US to find himself president of a resurgent Republic of Texas.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love interacting with others who share my passion for reading and writing.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you. Stay tuned for more.


Where can people connect with you?

www.jeffreykerrauthor.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview