C.L. Wyer interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I'm not exactly sure. I've been reading ever since I could. I remember staying up late into the night because one more chapter was never enough.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I remember thinking about what I would have done differently had I been the character in one of the books I was reading. Then I would daydream about it, playing out entire scenes in my head. After that I started writing it down. I would write with friends, or by myself. I never really thought about becoming an actual author until I was much older. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I think it's much easier in this day and age to become an author. While traditional publishing has its perks, self-publishing allows for anyone with a story to tell to become an author. I find the hardest part is finding the time to write and actually getting the words out of my head.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it. Seriously. Do. It. Get out your laptop, typewriter, pen and paper. Whatever and just start writing. There are so many readers in the world, and we all want more books.


Tell us about your book/books:

The first series I am writing is a paranormal romance. It takes place in a fictional town in North Carolina. It has Lycans, shifts, witches. It is mixed in with a mythological flare. I love strong female leads, and I hate insta-love. Hopefully, my writing shows that.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

So far I have seen a lot of support and kindness. It's been great! I love being able to connect with people who have similar circumstances, who understand the struggles. Whether it be "how do I get the motivation to start writing?" or "what do I do with this book hangover??"


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you. Thank you for taking a chance on my book. I hope you enjoyed it, and if you didn't, thank you anyway! I appreciate anyone who gives my book a chance, because there are other options out there and they chose mine to give that chance to.


Where can people connect with you?

I have a couple social media accounts, though I'm not great at them. I am still learning and trying to be more active!
Twitter: @CLWyerbooks
TikTok: @clwyer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview