Arjun Behura interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am Arjun Behura. I am lucky to be born in the lap of nature in a quint hamlet called Sikharghat in Odisha province of India. I am an engineer by profession, but an ardent lover of literature.


When did your love of books begin?

The love of books took root quite early in my childhood. I read, literally devoured, all kinds of books: story books, poems, novels and plays.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I used to write essays, stories and poems for magazines during college days. It was really exciting to see my writings in print. I picked up a few awards and commendation certificates along the way. I started writing fiction long after my professional career as an engineer began. It was basically back to doing what I love the most: the magical world of literature.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process of writing long novels has been quite a revelation for me. I enjoy every bit of it: writing, editing and such other things to get a wholesome story. But the process of publishing, quite frankly, has not been pleasant after all. The same with the marketing aspect too. I mean I can’t for the life of me understand below-par novels making waves in the market, while damn good stories are lying quietly in a corner to find acceptance among readers. It is basically the marketing tricks that one as an author needs to master to become successful.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you love writing, do it. But it’s a hard grind, a solitary process. Never give up just because it’s not working or there are not many takers of your creation. Who knows a few pleasant surprises may be in store for you in future?


Tell us about your book/books:

Synopsis: - Two souls united by love of music. Love transcends life. A boy from shanties finds the meaning of his life through sheer passion for singing. Hope shines bright amidst an atmosphere of doom. He meets his soul partner through their common love for music. Life takes them on a roller-coaster ride. Forces conspire to break them apart. Tragedy strikes with gore and blood. Music continues, so does life. But love is lost like a bird with its wings clipped.  


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It is very easy to get lost for a writer. But the writing community in particular gives hope through their wonderful books and by shouting out to one another. Readers should sample books by diverse authors to see for themselves what good stuffs they are missing by restricting their choice only to traditionally published books.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Please go for diverse authors and wide variety of genres. You will find real gems.


Where can people connect with you?

I may be reached in twitter, @behura_arjun, facebook: Arjun Behura Author, Linkedin: Arjun Behura, Instagram: behura_arjun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview