Amaan Shabir interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Amaan Shabir, I’m 18 years old and live in Birmingham, UK. I’m currently a student and taking my degree at university, while also balancing the life of being a writer. I’m open about my diagnosis with bipolar disorder and that has stemmed the subject matter for a lot of my work.


When did your love of books begin?

I loved books even as a young child. At the age of 4, I refused to sleep without reading a book and would enjoy cuddling with my mum while reading the pages with her. I started enjoying creative writing at about 10 years old, and I excelled in it.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I had the wish to become an author during one of my manic episodes, and after a couple weeks of writing, editing and creating covers, I published my debut book in January 2022.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I thoroughly enjoy the writing process, and also the cover creating process is very fun and brings out the artistic side of me. Editing is a chore šŸ˜‚ I struggle with the marketing side of being an author, and selling the books.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It’s going to be hard, but it’s worth it. There are many supportive community, and one bad day doesn’t mean it won’t go well at all. Writers block is real and random, but so is inspiration.


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut book , Scarred Visions, is a fantasy book, based on my real experiences surrounding bipolar disorder, love, heartbreak and betrayal. It uses a dystopian metaphor, about a hidden society trapped in a cyberpunk city that they can’t escape, to draw a fictional storyline while also keeping it quite personal and reflecting the ‘ real’ aspect and events that inspired it. It is available worldwide on Amazon as paperback and hardcover and also available on iTunes as an audiobook.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The constant support and relatability. It’s a reminder that we are all going through the same thing together.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope you enjoy my work, and I currently have more projects underway which will be published soon. I never stop writing šŸ˜‚ 


Where can people connect with you?

Instagram: @amaanshabirofficial

Twitter: @amaanshabiroff
WhatsApp: 07743342938
Email: amaanshabir09876@outlook.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview