Rakesh Babani interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Rakesh Babani, and you can call me Rocky (which is not a nickname). About my background, in a nutshell, I’m an Indian born and raised in Accra, Ghana, West Africa. After finishing my A-levels in the year 2000, I moved to Pune, India, to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce and a diploma in Software Engineering. Since 2007, I've been living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. In 2013, I married my one and only best friend/girlfriend.

 When I'm not writing, I like to spend time with my family and friends, network with like-minded people, and travel to new places! I'm an avid traveler, an event planner and a freelance realtor, and each chapter of my life has been an exciting adventure.

I'm passionate about movies, music, food, and a global author and writing community I founded two years back called New Inspiring Authors Club, NIAC Global.


When did your love of books begin?

I've always enjoyed reading books during my school days. I recall reading Animal Farm by George Orwell, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, all of Sydney Sheldon's books, and books by other authors such as Dan Brown and Danielle Steel. It's amazing to be a part of their worlds, which are full of twists and turns, interesting characters, gripping storylines, and vivid imaginations.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

My love of reading inspired me to jot down random thoughts one day. My first book was written before I knew it. And it took me five and a half years to complete! Then, on May 25th, 2018, my book, "Live In The Moment," was published on Amazon Paperback and Kindle.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

To be honest, it wasn't easy. Actually, it still isn't. Writing is more than just a process. It's a larger-than-life dream becoming a beautiful reality that you must continue to nurture. And despite the fact that you must reach a certain level of satisfaction, you must still spend hours and days of countless proof-readings and edits to have a near-perfect masterpiece. I also went through a long period of ebbs and flows, writer's blocks, demotivation, and rejections from traditional publishing houses before deciding to self-publish on Amazon.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Regardless of the odds, keep writing. Maintain your hope of achieving your literary ambitions. Trust me when I say that the sense of accomplishment you will feel will be beyond words. Even a half-hour of writing every day will keep you motivated to reach your goal. Never, ever, ever give up!


Tell us about your book/books:

Genre: YA & Contemporary Romance.

 

“Live In The Moment” is a vibrant, heartwarming treat with an ensemble cast. Kate, Josh, Miranda, and Tanya’s experiences of high school life conundrums and special moments will inspire you to believe in yourself, romance, and true friendship all over again!

I’m a huge fan of high school movies and stories and especially the High School Musical series.

 

Synopsis:

Welcome to Grainsville! Residents and visitors eagerly await the town’s Christmas and prestigious ten-day funfair festivities. Students from Grainsville High School, Brunstin High School, and Linkin Girls High School look forward to volunteering at the funfair, competing in inter-school competitions, and attending the grand Christmas dance.KATE feels unwanted at school. She is gentle and compassionate. She has a huge crush on Jake, the school’s most popular boy. Everyone despises her, especially Keisha, the ‘Face of Grainsville’.JOSH feels apprehensive at school. He is fun-loving and exuberant. His desire to become a Brunstin Tiger is put to the test by his lack of basketball prowess.MIRANDA feels gullible at school. She is intelligent and caring. She had always desired a partner who would value her for who she is rather than her looks.TANYA feels enraged at school. She is a talented basketball player who aspires to play at the national level. The school, on the other hand, discourages students from participating in sports.

Amazon Paperback Link: https://amzn.to/36roKxw

Amazon Kindle Link: https://amzn.to/3KYmPPW



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Writing, Publishing, and Marketing are the three major stages in the process of becoming an author, in my opinion. With the connection of writing and reading communities, you know that 1. you are in the company of like-minded people who share your passion for writing and 2. You are well aware that you are not alone on this crazy yet thrilling roller coaster ride. Exchanging stories about my author journey with literary communities during these three stages has been both rewarding and enlightening for me.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I'm extremely grateful to everyone who took the time to read my book. Above all, your refreshingly honest feedback has been very encouraging and rewarding. For those who haven't read my book yet, I'm confident you'll connect with at least one of the characters (from the ensemble cast) and it will transport you back to your school days. I'm also looking forward to hearing your feedback in person. You can reach out to me at any time.


Where can people connect with you?

My Website: https://rockybabani.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RockyBabaniOfficial

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rockybabani

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RockyBabani

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rockybabaniofficial

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/rakeshbabani



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown