Naomi E. Kennedy interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

As a child I read one book a day and continue to devour books. Since my twenties I’ve written poetry and have a collection of 150 poems thus far! I’ve always had a strong interest in the origin and usage of words. I am a stickler for grammar! You will always find me playing scrabble or word games on my I-phone…LOL. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

As an older adult I received my BA in Art and Journalism. Out of curiosity I took a novel writing course. After being interviewed for an upcoming art exhibit, I developed an interest in interviewing and writing for newspapers. This led me to become a freelance writer for four different papers, and freelance editor. It is then that I realized how much I loved to write! 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It took me 13 years to write my novel! I never thought about the end product until I was almost there. Interestingly enough, I never thought about people reading my book. And, now that this has happened, I am very excited about my accomplishment. I have received wonderful accolades and feel appreciative. The publication and marketing of my book has been a bit overwhelming, but very educational and rewarding.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write anything and everything! And, most of all don’t worry about what or how you write. Just experience the wonder of words! The process is a learning experience and with time, effort, and perseverance, you will accomplish more than you thought possible. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My story takes place during the Vietnam era. A college student flees to Canada as a draft dodger, leaving behind the love of his life and his unborn child. He encounters many adventures while living abroad, including a tragic event. Eventually when he returns to the US, he finds that he is the father of two children, one of whom is autistic. This turbulent time in history had a great impact on him and changed his life forever. You can read about why I wrote my book in the following online women’s magazine: https://booksbywomen.org/


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I have connected with so many wonderful readers, writers, and novelists from different places in the world, including Africa, Canada, and Europe. They are excited about my book, but also they are filled with tales of their own. They have shared fascinating stories and have educated me on different cultures as well as their writings. I am thrilled!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Reading is a joy which can immerse you for hours and certainly take your mind off of mundane problems or concerns. Think of reading as food. I believe reading is necessary to live a full life! I hope all of you read and enjoy my work and gain valuable life lessons.


Where can people connect with you?

You can connect with me in various ways:

My e-mail: writingart18@gmail.com

My Website: https://www.naomiekennedyauthor.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/writingart16

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/naomiekennedyauthorbestlaugh/

Purchase through Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TS4KZZV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview