Meredith Tucker interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hey. I’m a self-published author from England. I have self-published one novel and ten novellas. I also write short stories and poetry. My books are mostly in the sci-fi & fantasy genre. I also enjoy watching a lot of TV. As well as writing, I enjoy singing and art.


When did your love of books begin?

I remember when I was very young getting so engrossed in creative writing lessons at school. I remember I begun reading a lot during middle school. I tried to write my first novel when I was fifteen years old, it was a vampire story.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was twenty-one I begun to write my first novella that I would eventually self-publish. I was studying anthropology at university and begun to know that writing was my destiny. I hope to write until I’m an old lady. It’s something I’m so deeply passionate about. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I have really enjoyed the process of becoming an author. It’s a hard industry to make it big in the same way the music industry or acting industry would be. Yet I love it so much. I’d advise anyone who isn’t a best seller to have a day job or source of income.  My writing life gives me so much joy. It gives me meaning in my life. 


My process of writing is to write my book. Redraft and then do self-copy edits. I then hire professional editors. I’ve used ones from Fiverr and Reedsy. I found my first editor on Twitter. I highly recommend getting copy editors. I also hire cover designers from Fiverr. I have a budget of about £50 for a book cover as I’m an author on a budget. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say go for it. I’d advise them to read a lot of fiction. I’d also stress the importance not to disregard self-publishing. I’ve always thought it very sad when people will shelve books if they do not get traditionally published. I think it’s important to realize how great self-publishing is. 


I would also say take the craft seriously. There are so many books on the craft. I’d recommend they read a few on various aspects of the craft.


Tell us about your book/books:

My novella Perfect Powers under Meredith Tucker is about a guy called James Daniels. He’s from a very wealthy background. He lives a double life between Earth and the magical realm. He is half Morph and vampire. A morph is a magical being that can stop time and wield the elements. He has a magical guide called Agnes who is a mother figure to him, as his vampire mother was killed when he was young. He falls in love with Eliza, a woman very different from his typical type. She is studying a masters degree in art and knows nothing of the magical realm… It’s available on Kindle, paperback/ hardback and on audible as an audio-book. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the writing/ reading community. I am thankful for honest reviews on my books. I love the Twitter writing community and really find rapport with other authors / readers. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Check out my books. My novella- The girl they all knew- under Emma Tucker is free on kobo permanently. I’d say check out my books. I also write on Kindle under Meredith Tucker. If they are your cup of tea, review them honestly. I’d love you to connect with my work honestly. 


Where can people connect with you?

@Meredith_author - on twitter


Meredithwritesbooks on Instagram.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview