K.L. Stephens interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am K. L. Stephens, I was raised in a small town in Ohio before I moved to Texas where I lived for twenty-six years. And raised two daughters, now grown with families of their own. Now I live in South Florida where the sun is not always shining, but typically is warm. Taking walks along the beach is always a good way to refresh the soul.

 

Before I started writing, I received my degree in accounting and was an Executive Assistant for twenty-plus years.  And now I have published eight spicy contemporary short erotic romances, and now I have ventured into the paranormal world of erotic romances. I have a wide range of reading interests that include paranormal stories, good classics, and books that I can learn something about, I love history and learning. When I am not writing, you can usually find me gardening, cooking – I love making new recipes - or crafting.  Then just turning on some music and curling up with a good book is always a good way to spend an afternoon or evening.

 

I live in Palm Beach County, Florida since 2007, with my Cocker Spaniel and one fat lazy cat.


When did your love of books begin?

As a child, I loved to read, and fell in love with Judy Blume, and all the fairy tales.  As a teenager, I was a librarian in my high school and started to read romances from Victoria Holt.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Again, as a teenager I would write simple stories that continued to I started writing erotic stories to my (now ex) husband while he was stationed in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm.  Then continued to do so for special friends.  I looked into writing erotic stories for a couple of different websites in the late 90s, then did some research to submit to Harlequin Romances to get a contract.  But it was not until the Covid pandemic that I found becoming an independent author and I could publish on my own, and history was made.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process was fairly easy, I have a vivid imagination, and my stories just seem to flow from me.  I cannot plot a story or series out, I just sit down at my computer and write, and if the story is not going where I want, I have been known to restart a story four times before it felt right. It is marketing that is my nemesis, but I am learning.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it! There is an audience for everyone. Two pieces of advice, find an editor that you can work with and don’t just take the first one you come to.  Give them an example of your work and see if you can work well together.  I am lucky in that respect, I love my editor, she seems to understand me, she can read my manuscripts, and sees where I am going with the story.  The second would be to learn as much as you can and put together a marketing plan that works for you. I wish I had learned this earlier.


Tell us about your book/books:

The Lycan Knights – Prequel is the story about six Lycan knights that have sworn to take the Templar’s treasure from Jerusalem after the ninth and final crusade and hide it from humans. As they travel each finds their mate and a lot of trouble. Now being hunted by the pope, who wants the treasure back, they have to keep their mates safe.

 

Blurb: Six Lycan Knights – A Hidden Treasure – A Fight for Survival – Dangerous, Bloody Battles – Top it off with Sweet and Steamy Romances

These six knights are honor-bound by a sacred oath they took before leaving the Holyland. Now traveling over thirty-two hundred miles home to Scotland, they each find their mate. As they fight to keep their secret safe, they battle with humans and elves to survive this arduous journey.

Will they survive the journey, protecting their secret, but most importantly keep safe their most desired prize? THEIR MATES

 

The Lycan Knights – Prequel is on sale until August 31. You can find it here: https://books2read.com/u/bOyQ19



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I have mostly found that writers support other writers, I hope to be able to expand my relationships with my author friends.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Keep reading! And teach the young your love of books. 


Where can people connect with you?

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KLStephensAuth

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/klstephensauthor/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KLStephensauth

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/k-l-stephens-ab7238241/

Website: https://www.klstephens.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview