Book review - Snake Charm of the Oracle by Kal Locksley

Book - Snake Charm of the Oracle

Author - Kal Locksley

Rating - 

Review:

The world has changed a lot over a thousand years but it always ends up that times come back around to the same issue, greed.  When Dustin is sent to obtain a resurrection spell before it falls into the wrong hands he is joined by just one who shall travel alongside him to ensure that he can fulfil the mission, Eostra, an undead being who will need to put her warrior like status and skills to use.

This is the story of their epic travel across lands that others shy away from and where many species are a threat to their very existence.  The story is a fantastic one that works beautifully but for me there were just too many editing errors which made the actual book itself fall down, if this were to be re-edited then I genuinely think this is a 5 star read as the ideas and writing are brilliant and I know many would say that this level of mark down is extreme but I judge all books fairly and had the story not been so strong then I would ordinarily have been tempted to abandon the book due to the number of editing issues.  If you are able to look past the editing issues (spelling or grammar) then this story is very much one I would recommend and say is not a risk at the price (this book is exceptionally well priced).

Overall this is proof of an author with a real talent and I do look forward to more of their work as their other book I gave a 4.5 but I think a little bit of a tightening up on the editing and we are looking at an author who is getting 4.5 or 5 star reads out there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview