Jillian Moody interview 2

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 2


First of all welcome back for another interview with Feed My Reads as our community really do appreciate you taking the time to do this.


So, our first question is who is your writing hero?

Just one? I would have to go with Margaret Atwood. Her incredible style and meaningful content give her the win! Honorable mentions go to James Baldwin, Kurt Vonnegut, Bernardine Evaristo, and James S.A. Corey.


Which book or books would you say influenced you the most on your writing journey?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and Woman on the Edge of Time influenced my content, or topics that I'm fascinated to explore. My short fiction style is quite different from my NA novels. The short fiction style is more minimalist, cutting, and character driven. Inspired by authors like Brit Bennet or Kafka. My novels try to keep the deeper characters but let the action drive the plot, more akin to Lois Lowry, Suzanne Collins, and James S.A. Corey. 



If you could choose one book by someone else that you wish you had written then which would it be and why?

Wow, that's a tough question! Maybe Fahrenheit 451, because it encompasses so many of my beliefs and fears.


Who have been your biggest supporters during your writing career to date and what would you like to say to them?

My parents and two of my siblings started an online book club at the start of the pandemic. We kept it going and they ended up being alpha and beta readers for my novels, meeting once a week to talk shop as I wrote. Without their encouragement and insights, my novels would never have been completed. I could not have done it without them.


We all know how important reviews are to authors so if you could speak directly to them what would you say about reviewing books they read?

Creating characters and worlds can be very exciting. You've brought someone to life! But they are only alive as long as someone is reading their story, their personalities jumping from mere ink marks on paper into the reality of readers' minds and hearts. Each time I read a review, I know the people I created are still alive, being seen and heard. I can't tell you how magical and invigorating that is. 


About the Anthology: 
Once Upon Another Time: Fresh Tales from the Far Side of Fantasy, came together completely online. We are authors scattered across the world, each with our own style. That is why this book is special. Our hope is that readers will find one or two new authors that speak to them and look into their other works. I generally write dystopian adventure novels or literary short fiction. For this collection, I branched out into horror and wrote Hansel and Gretel Were Here. It was fun to apply my literary fiction style to a horror story. I hope readers enjoy it!


Where can people connect with you?

I'm on Twitter @SEPAnovels and Instagram @freedomreadersmoody


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview