David John Baird interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

When I was 5 , I would spend all my free time in our school library. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have always wanted to write . I have practiced law all my life so it was very difficult to get time to really focus . However when my love life took a very unexpected turn I thought that I had to try to record what had happened. I sat down and started typing. Disaster , I can't type , so I bought a voice activated dictation system and hey presto I was dictating 5000 words a night . 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Very different and difficult to be frank. I originally self published under a pseudonym then I re wrote the book because it was not good enough . I was finally picked up by Austin Macauley and published Simone's Choice this month ! 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Never give up , follow your passion. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Simone's Choice is raw honest and autobiographical. It's my life and my love story . 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

They are very supportive and encouraging. It's a very competitive world! 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If you ever meet Simone , run!!!


Where can people connect with you?

I am on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and my website.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview