Christopher Pitchford interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, my name is Christopher Pitchford and I am a newly published author with CAAB Publishing

 

Check out the authors’ page on CAAB’s website:

 

https://www.caabpublishing.co.uk/our-authors

 

 

Bio’ taken from CAAB Publishing

 

Christopher Pitchford lives with his partner Judith and their four children in Southport, England. He first started writing short stories as an undergraduate at Liverpool University where he studied English Literature. During this time, he became involved in writing satirical short stories for the campus magazine and his stories When the Lights Go Out and Devotion have since been used as exemplars in creative writing classes within further education.

More recently, Christopher has taught English in schools and colleges throughout the north west of England and he has been involved in promoting the teaching of literacy in primary and secondary schools.

Outside of work, Christopher enjoys travelling and experiencing different cultures and he enjoyed a period of his life living and working as a teacher in Spain.

Christopher has been involved in running and editing the Kirkham Chronicle and is currently developing his career as a writer. 

Forever Freddy and the Vikings is Christopher Pitchford’s first children’s novel and is available on Amazon and at CAAB Publishing.


When did your love of books begin?

I remember sitting in class at school when I was about eleven and listening to my brilliant English teacher, Mr Lynskey, reading Danny the Champion of the World. It was like I had suddenly stepped into another universe and nothing was the same after that. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I think it was when I was at university studying English Lit.’ I joined a writing course while I was there and once I realized that being a writer wasn’t the magic act I thought it was and was more to do with diligence and hard work, I was hooked. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

In all honesty? Difficult. Don’t get me wrong, I love the fact that my hard work has paid off and I’ve finally managed to get published, but I’ve discovered that writing books is the fun bit. Take my morning for example, I had planned to sit down and try and complete the last chapter of my new book before lunch but instead, I have sent two emails to my publisher, contacted a local library to do a talk, spoken with local press and posted some publicity on social media.

What was it Robert Burns said? ‘The best laid plans of Mice and men…’


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I always think of the Nike advert from the 90’s, Just Do It!

Write every day about anything and everything that you can imagine. And read, read a lot, read on the toilet, on the train, on the bus. Believe me; the more you do it, the more likely you are to become an author.


Tell us about your book/books:

My book is called Forever Freddy and the Vikings and tells the story about a child who is left crippled after being chased into the street and hit by a car. As part of his recovery, Freddy begins to write stories from his hospital bed with unexpected results!


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I like the writing community because we are all on the same journey together and all writers, whether published or unpublished, now have a place to share their mutual love of reading and writing in a supportive and helpful environment.  


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If I could say one thing to my readers I guess it would be this: I hope you had a good time!


Where can people connect with you?

People can connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and at CAAB Publishing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown