C.E. Flores interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi everyone! I'm C.E. Flores. I'm originally from the eastern coast of the U.S. and am currently living off-grid with my family and animal kingdom in central Mexico. I write mostly about our adventures and disasters in Mexico and my passion project, Mexican herbalism. Currently, I am working on a children's book series to be released next year.


When did your love of books begin?

I grew up in a book-loving family. Our family excursions regularly included trips to used bookstores and the library.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Although I always wanted to be a writer, I wasn't encouraged to follow that dream since it wasn't practical. However, after moving to Mexico, I found that there weren't written accounts of the type of life I was experiencing. I started collecting stories and compiled them into books to share with others in similar circumstances.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process of becoming an author is fraught with peril! As I write to a specific niche, I don't expect I'll ever make millions, but that's ok with me. I'm passionate about what I write about, and that's enough.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

For those that are dreaming of becoming an author, just do it! Don't wait! You have something to contribute to the world, and it would be a shame if you let anyone or anything get in the way of that.


Tell us about your book/books:

A Woman's Survival Guide is a 6-book series designed for women who have moved to rural Mexico and are struggling with the cultural adaptation process. Exploring Traditional Herbal Remedies in Mexico is a 3-book (working on book 4) that chronicles my experiences with Mexican herbalism. I also have several books that chronicle my family's off-grid homesteading story. Additionally, I'm working on a children's book series set in rural Mexico with my illustrator friend Claudia Guzes that hopefully will be available in 2024.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

As writers, we struggle with learning the skills to create, format, and market our books well. The indie writing communities are supportive and helpful in that regard without being competitive.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

To my readers, I'm honored you chose my books to read!


Where can people connect with you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview