C. Elmon Meade interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I was in sixth grade at E. Lawson Brown Middle School in Mr. Edinger's English & Arts class (mid- to late-1980s). I read a book about the future of human space exploration and it talked in some detail about how we would one day have domed cities on Mars. That was the hook! From then on I kept asking questions and turned to books and encyclopedias for the answers, especially since my introduction to the Internet was still some years away. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It crossed my mind a few different times in the past decade or so, but I really got serious about becoming a published author in the Spring & Summer of 2020. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Honestly, it was a little easier than I had originally thought. I did a little research on my own and fortunately found the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) by accident. ALLi is an amazing resource for new authors! 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't think about doing it "someday down the road." Do it now! Set a goal, strive for it, slog through your bouts of inevitable writer's block, and chase your dreams! 


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novel "The Demagogue Wars" is a direct result of the Left vs. Right political ugliness that is, in my opinion, ripping our country apart. I used to think the majority of Americans fit somewhere near the middle of the proverbial political spectrum. That is until 2020. The Pandemic revealed just how easily people can be seduced into a bifurcated system of lockstep tribalism. An "Us" vs. "Them" mentality that throughout human history has led only to destruction and chaos. For the first time in my life I legitimately feared for the future of our Republic and by extension, for people all over the world longing to live free and peaceful lives. I currently have a shorter novella in the works. The storyline for the novella takes place in the same city as the Prologue and Epilogue, but as a prequel to The Demagogue Wars. The novella will provide readers with a look into the lives of a handful of the characters from The Demagogue Wars, only 12 years earlier. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The answer to this question is easy for me. The intelligence of both writers & readers. The talent. The willingness to challenge our own thoughts and beliefs, whether by asking "What if?" or from looking at a topic from someone else's point of view. Good character development by the writers can definitely play a big role in the latter. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope you enjoy reading and learning about the diverse group of characters in my story as much as I enjoyed creating them. I'll be honest, some of the readers will gravitate toward some characters, while loathing others; especially in Act I. Stick around for Act II which kicks off a major crisis for the majority of the characters and see if they can redeem themselves. You just might find yourself pleasantly surprised. I say this somewhat confidently because all of the American characters are modeled after people who have come and gone at some point in my life. 


Where can people connect with you?

On twitter I can be found @GenMeadesPen and @c.elmon.meade on IG, FB, and LinkedIn. Also, I have Author Blogs on both Amazon and Goodreads. Color graphics such as maps and flags will be uploaded directly to my Amazon Author page whereas the 'Ask the Author' section on Goodreads is very active.  https://amazon.com/author/elmon-meade22  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview