Sarah Cope interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Sarah is a novice writer of Children and adult fiction; she is an internationally published poet.  `The Power of A Panic Attack’, for Poetry Soup's First Anthology, and `Strike1, Strike2, strike3, I'm Out!’, for the International Poetry Digest.  Both publications feature the best new poetry from writers all over the world, as well as partnering with other authors worldwide to feature in other international anthologies. 

Sarah is thirty years of age and resides near the heart of the UK in Worcestershire, surrounded by the rolling hills of the Cotswold's countryside.  She has a menagerie of rescue animals that feature in her children’s books.  The series titles, `The Adventures of Patchy Poos, the main character is her six-year-old Jack Russel called Patch, and the antics and mischief he and his crew find themselves getting up to. 

Sarah has a wide variety of qualifications that she has achieved through hard work and due diligence which enabled Sarah to progress into managerial positions.  

A previous manager in the hospitality industry, Sarah was forced to resign from that career due to a chronic illness.  During the first twelve dark months Sarah’s social lifestyle became a distant memory, she escaped a domestic violence relationship she then found herself in a deep depression.   Writing became Sarah’s Saviour, with `Strike1 Strike2 Strike3 I’m Out’, being one of the very first pieces Sarah wrote.  Sarah’s passion for writing evolved from poetry to children’s fiction and now adult fiction.   Sarah continues to strive to find a literacy agent who will have as much passion for Sarah’s work as Sarah,  and to eventually publish her sequence of children’s books, `The Adventures of Patch Poos’, the first in the series being, `The Adventures of Patch Poos and the Chatty Cat’.  Sarah is currently working on her adult fiction novel that will be coming to a bookstore near you in the very near future.       


When did your love of books begin?

I've always been a lover of literature since I was a child, my partner always had an array of books for us to read, but my first love was a reader's digest subscription to the Disney book's. But my love of poetry was reignited in a huge way about 4 years ago, battling a chronic illness and escaping a domestic abuse relationship my mental health was in a bad way writing poetry literally saved my life. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

My wish actually grew from the enthusiasm from the people around me who convinced me that my work was good enough and overtime I started believing them with every little achievement and stepping stone the belief in myself and my work sprouted just like a flower and now it's blossoming. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I'm still a novice in the writing industry and community so I still feel I've things to learn, however the process to finding a traditional publishing contract is basically impossible and this is something I have been told a lot by publishing companies so unless your prepared and financially able to self-publish breaking into the industry is not only difficult but the workings of the industry are more complex than one might think. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My main pieces are poetry and can be found in several international anthologies such as PS I love you, as well as on many online platforms such as poetry soup and social media platforms wordpress by following #iwriteitall, and my website which will be launching soon where you can purchase your very own personalized poems for all your loved ones, or for any special occasion, but I am also breaking into children's books with my sequel of children's books under the umbrella of the adventures of patchy poos, the first book will hopefully be available to purchase soon titled the adventures of patchy poos and the chatty cat. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the sense of fellowship from the community, always willing to offer advice, critique and to help advertise each other's work. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I write a lot of emotive pieces based on my illness, domestic violence and mental health awareness and struggles so I hope that my poetry can help someone else who maybe struggling, that they can relate to the words and feel that connection in knowing they are not alone, and empower them to keep going. 


Where can people connect with you?

Sarah Cope
Author | #iwriteitall

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIVa1Dzleg8M5YT-k6FJfw


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview