Rafael Ventura-Rosa interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

At the age of 9. Due to a childhood accident, I had to remain at home for the entire summer of 1967. I had a lot of time on my hands and got tired of watching The Three Stooges and Abbott & Costello on TV. That led to my discovery of books, starting with those assigned to my older brother who was in High School. The first book I remember reading in it's entirety was "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich."


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In College. Still working on that first book idea ("Speak No Evil")


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Tedious


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Discipline + creative exploration = the best combination. Read the works of great writers. Write what you know and write every day. Do not get in your own way by self-editing. Let the words just flow out of you. "Think it and they will (words) will come."











































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview