Rachmadani Dewi interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm a mental health volunteer, have published three books. I like writing, reading, listening music and sometimes blogging. 


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books started when I was kid. I like to read Japanese comics like Doraemon, Sailormoon, Dragon Ball, Detective Conan and so on. As a teenager, I began to know novels. At that time several book authors became my fav such as Danielle Steel, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie. I love reading books to this day. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Being the author of a book, I might call it a coincidence. I never thought that I would be able to write or create works like my book. When some of my friends convinced me and they felt that I could be a book author, I think it was because of them that I finally got up the courage to have the desire to become a book author. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I started by making posts and volunteering affects me a lot. My love of reading books also influenced all of that. Some of my friends, who knows that I like to write posts and blogs suggested me to try writing a book. Somehow they believe that I have that ability, although to this day I still have low self-esteem about it. Becoming an author is a long process for me. It took me years when I started writing my first book. I not only had to learn how to write properly, I also learned how to selfpublish a book, how to make a cover and all that related stuff.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Becoming a book author is not an easy thing and requires tremendous effort. Stick to your beliefs because that's what you love, which is writing. The same thing I say to those who want to become book authors and I also say to myself "Don't Give Up". Always keep that in your mind whenever you are exhausted or you feel like giving up. Everything will be beautiful in time, the results of your hard work will pay off even though maybe you will see the results in a long time. Everything takes time, as long as you continue to believe and try hard, then there will definitely be a way. Dream as high as possible because a dream is the beginning of everything.


Tell us about your book/books:

My first self-published book "Another Mistake". This book is about Sara, young woman who has dark past. She experienced many traumas from her childhood. She was heartbroken because her first love dumped her. She has friends who love her and support her. This book is about love, friendship and how Sara deals with her past trauma. 
In this book I want readers to know that everyone makes mistakes but that doesn't mean that they can't improve themselves, although they may make another mistakes, but in the end they learn from their mistakes and learn to accept all the consequences of their actions. Not all things will end badly and not all things will end well. The most important thing is to do what we can and give the best of us for our life.
My second books "Pearls Journey" and third "Lost in Love" were heavily influenced by my experiences as a mental health volunteer. 
The second book "Pearls Journey" contains the experiences shared by those who cross my path. They gave me a lot of inspiration which made me write this book.
While the third book "Lost in Love" contains poems that I myself never thought that I could write poetry. Many emotions are contained there, even with simple words and easy-to-digest meanings.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

What really impressed me was how they supported each other. That's totally amazing. I've never come across such a great community. In this community they really respect each other. They don't even hesitate to help and here I can also feel the real sincerity. I crossed paths with good people, great book authors and they were amazing. They really helped me in many ways, even taught me many things and I am very happy to have them as friends.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for reading my book. That way I know that you guys support me and that means a lot to me. Knowing that you would take the time to read my book, I am truly grateful for that. I know thank you won't be enough but what you guys are doing is truly amazing.


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me on Twitter @daniputeri and Instagram @pearls_1903


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview