Kristy Brown interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I loved books from being very young and my grandad read me The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl. He chuckled all the way through it and I was mesmerised. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I wrote short stories and poetry as a tween, but the idea of actually writing a book didn't really hit me until my early thirties. I wish I'd started younger.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's been a long, hard journey.  At first I just had bags of imagination and lots of wishful thinking. I was lucky to have a small publisher backing me, she saw potential in my story and I learned so much whilst I was with her company. 
I love the writing, editing process now. I get quite lost in it. However, marketing is always difficult when there is such a huge market already. My work can get lost amongst all the rest. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read as much as possible.  Decide what styles you like and don't.
Edit. Edit. Then edit again.
Most Importantly,  don't become too discouraged by rejection or negative reviews.


Tell us about your book/books:

I write a mixture of genres.
KIERA'S QUEST is a Middle grade fantasy series with shifters,  magical realms,  a cursed prince and a chosen one.
THE SUMMER SOLSTICE SERIES- (SUMMER'S End,  SUMMER'S LOST & SUMMER'S TIME) is a  YA Paranormal Romance trilogy . 
She wakes up badly burned with no memory. 
He has to kill her because of what she is...
CINDERFELLA is YA/ New Adult Fairy tale retelling with all roles reversed.
JUST SAM is a YA Contemporary Romance about a girl who wants to be a tennis champion,  but loses someone close and loses her self belief.





What do you love about the writing/reading community?

They are so supportive. Most authors are in the same position and we like to help each other out. Readers are why I do it. If one person enjoys my work, I take that as a win. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for giving a relatively unknown author a try! And if you like my stories tell others ;)


Where can people connect with you?

I'm on Goodreads,  Facebook, Instagram,  even Tik Tok, although I'm still working that out...
I'm mostly found @Kristybrownauthor. 
All my books are now on Kindle Unlimited. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview