Julia DeVonne interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am a 50-something cis-gender woman who is learning to prioritize (or even know) what want, instead of reflexively reading the room to give others what they want.


When did your love of books begin?

Even before I could walk, I remember resting my hands on shiny hardcover children’s books to use as gliders so I could crawl across the carpet super-fast.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’ve always loved reading.  I’ve always wanted to be an author.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I’ve found the writing part empowering and liberating, but the publishing gatekeepers are formidable.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Nothing can stop you from being a writer, but to become an author, it’s important to study story structure and craft.


Tell us about your book/books:

My forthcoming novel, set in 1977 Detroit and Northern Michigan, is about 18-year-old Christina Winfield, who, after a lifetime of lying to avoid conflict, realizes that telling the truth doesn’t create problems, it reveals them. And some conflicts need to be faced.

 

A gifted singer, after Christina discovers her parents kidnaped her from a Native American campground “to save her soul” her identity hits a crisis point when she must choose between starring in her father’s new televangelist TV show or her birth mother’s “Mother Earth” summer solstice concert.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The open-mindedness and curiosity.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

What matters to you matters.


Where can people connect with you?

Please email me at JuliaDeVonne999@gmail.com

 

And follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/JuliaDeVonne4


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview