Chad Descoteaux interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Chad Descoteaux. I'm the CEO and sole employee of Turtle Rocket Books, which specializes in science fiction stories that combine weirdness with heart.


When did your love of books begin?

When I was a kid, I did a lot of reading, from How to Be a Grouch when I was 5 and My Teacher is an Alien when I was 9. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In junior high, when I got my first (and only) A+ for a story I wrote in English class. Then, I started writing one page monster movie-like stories in study hall to make this other kid laugh.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Well, technology has certainly made it easier if you go the self-publishing route. I like the control it gives me over my own work.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

"Just keep swimming."---Dory from Finding Nemo. (Ha ha.)  Keep writing and working on improving.


Tell us about your book/books:

I've written 14 sci-fi books in 4 separate series (plus a one-shot and some short stories) that explore different subgenres of science fiction. My books combine relatable characters with fantastic sci-fi ideas and eventually merge into a literary multiverse that I plan to make larger in the future.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The enthusiasm and support.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Keep imagining.


Where can people connect with you?

Turtle Rocket Books on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.  turtlerocketbooks.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview