C.A. Lewis interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi everyone, nice to meet you. My name is C.A. Lewis, I live in beautiful Robin Hood country and I`m the creator of Tom and the Hedgewitch.

I have a naughty dog called Kaia, who is always getting into mischief.


When did your love of books begin?

When I was very small, I spent many happy hours sitting on my parent`s knees while they read me stories, such as Peter Pan, and The Magic Faraway Tree. 

My younger brother and I would act them out by jumping off the bed trying to reach Neverland or checking to see if Narnia was hidden inside our wardrobe.

Reading to children is such a special part of childhood.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I think from around seven years old; I had a wonderful teacher who encouraged my talent.I was quite a shy child, at school, expressing myself through writing stories and poetry.Like Jenny from my book, I was also a tomboy with a keen sense of adventure, I enjoyed climbing trees and collecting frog spawn, much to my mother's horror.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's been fun but challenging, the author community have been fantastic, promoting my work, and helping me get discovered.One of my favourite parts of the process is research, I spent many months, studying folklore and history, learning about Paganism, medieval culture, and the fae folk. 

Some of the things that I discovered, were that centuries ago, people believed there was a precious stone hidden in a toad's head, which was an antidote to poison, or that sucking a bat's eye would make you invisible. Thank goodness we have moved on since then.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read and absorb as much as you can, always believe in yourself even if others doubt you, do something that you love, and always follow your dreams. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My children`s book is a beautifully illustrated Novella entitled Tom and the Hedgewitch, for children aged 8-12.

The illustrator is the wonderful Leanne Allen.Two children, Tom a timid boy of eleven years, and his best friend Jenny, discover that an old woman who lives alone in the forest is actually a witch. She teaches them the ways of the forest and how to care for the woodland creatures but is kidnapped by dark elves who want to harm her and use her magic for evil.Tom and Jenny go on a perilous magical adventure to try and rescue her, but the witch is keeping a dangerous secret that will change Tom's life forever.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone is so supportive and encouraging, it's a brilliant way to find new talent.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Stay humble, always remember where you came from and never ever give up, someone will love what you do.

Thank you for believing in me and reading Tom and the Hedgewitch, I hope you enjoy it and if you do please leave me a review and tell your friends about it.


Where can people connect with you?

I can be contacted through Twitter, at (@CALewis731) / Twitter Instagram  C. A. Lewis  • Instagram photos and videosand Facebook -  Author C A LewisThank you for spending time with me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown