Robert P. Ottone interview 3

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 3


How did it feel when you finished writing your book?

Excited to start something new. Not in a bad way. I just felt so super-charged with creativity that I needed to move onto the next thing and strike while the iron was hot.


How do you feel when your book is going through the editing phase? 

I love the editing and revision phase, so I was chomping at the bit to go back into it and hack it apart with the editor’s notes in mind. I was very fortunate to have a great editor on this project and I’m so thankful to her.


You get a front cover for your book, it must be starting to feel more real now but that surely brings about a lot of emotions?

I’m a perfectionist so when I got the cover, after my initial knee-jerk reaction, I made notes to provide for greater feedback and further refinement. We ended up with a beautiful cover that really plays on all my favorite aspects of the novel, but especially utilizes color in a way I adore.


Your book has now got to ARC stage and it's out with some readers now, how do you feel?

That it doesn’t belong to me anymore. It belongs to the reader. And I hope whatever they find in those pages is of value to them.


You now have everything ready to go and a release date set, how does it feel?

Anxious. I know that there’s social media to do. Interviews to line up. RTs, promos, etc. All the stuff that comes with selling a book. I’m lucky to be given the opportunity to do any of these things and that I legitimately enjoy doing them. I’m not like a lot of authors, I’m not a shrinking violet introvert. Put me on camera or put a microphone in front of me and I’m fine. So yeah, with all that done, the next phase is promo. It feels good. I feel honored to be able to do this.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview