Riley Alerton interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hello, my name is Riley Alerton and I am the author of Queer Gospel. I believe that human spirituality must be based in compassion, love, and mutual respect. I have made it my mission in life to promote and defend LGBTQIA+ people who feel left behind, excluded, or attacked by traditional religious society.


When did your love of books begin?

I have been reading since I was a young child, and I have always loved getting lost in a good book. I think my earliest memory of a book goes back to being 7 or so and it was "The Magical Rainbow Man" by Shahastra. I remember the message of total inclusion and universal love had a deep effect upon the way I viewed the world at the time. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was a teenager around 14 or 15, I read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy. I absolutely adored having these huge worlds and plots to lose myself in, and I think my true desire to write started during that time. I would often find myself daydreaming about creating other worlds like many of my favorite authors had, and it was an incredible way to lose myself in my imagination. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say write on purpose. Block out time every day, sit down and just write. The editing, the details and sometimes even the main plot, will reveal themselves. The real trick is getting over just considering writing, and diving in head first. Even if you write one paragraph and then stare at a blank page for hours, that is better than never having started. If you have an idea, someone out there probably needs or wants to read your book. So write it. Go now, go!


Tell us about your book/books:

Queer Gospel is an alternative telling of The Bible that stands in celebration of all queer human beings, everywhere. Sharing the truth that the basis of any spirituality is love. Queer Gospel retells The Bible to show God's true love for all LGBTQIA+ people. God created queer people first and women before all others. It was a straight man who first ate fruit from the Tree Of Phobos, starting a generational cycle of phobia and hate. The church was founded as a social tool to control the masses, teaching people to be innately ashamed and afraid of their own basic natures. In an act of infinite love, God sent Their only child to cleanse the earth of confusion and fear.

Jesu, the genderqueer Messiah, has come to save the straight phobes from their wicked and hateful ways. Will Jesu and Their disciples succeed? Can they bring love back to the earth and save the straight tribes from their Original Phobia? 

What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It brings me so much joy to see the indie author community thriving as it is. There are so many incredible stories and ideas that become available everyday. The indie author community is generally incredibly supportive of each other, and it is wonderful to be a part of. It is truly an honor to be connected with so many different writers through social media and the incredible online author community. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Simply this: Your self identity is your birthright. No one can ever tell you who you are, and try as they might, no one can ever take that birthright away from you. You were created in the image of love itself, and you are a miracle. Exactly as is.


Where can people connect with you?

I can be found on Twitter @AlertonRiley

I LOVE connecting with both readers and authors alike. Reach out and feel free to say hello!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview