Radar DeBoard interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

Once I was able to start tackling full on chapter books (basically middle school reading level) with larger stories and more intense themes, that's when I fell deeply in love with books. So basically, since I was roughly eight or nine.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Right around the same time I fell in love with books to be honest. I always thought it would be so cool to have people read something that I wrote and get the same feeling I did when I read an amazing book. Granted, I didn't really attempt it until 2019, but that wish was almost always there.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's a slow but rewarding one. For the first year I was writing, it didn't feel like anyone was really seeing my work, but finally someone told me they really liked one of my stories. Honestly, there's no greater feeling than that! Plus, it's always an ongoing process to really network with all the incredible writers in the writing community. There's so many talented and incredible people in the writing world, and it has been a real pleasure to get to know them.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it because it's what you're passionate about, not because you want to be famous or make a bunch of money. Writing is tough. Editing is tough. Marketing your work is tough. The whole process can be really rough, but if it's something you want to do because you want others to read your work, and for it to inspire them, then you should 100% become an author.


Tell us about your book/books:

I've been featured in quite a few horror anthologies (I tend to stick to horror) but my first novel just came out in March of this year. It's titled "The Altar From Space" and it follows a crew of people who respond to the distress signal of the spacecraft the SS Revelation. Once they're onboard, they quickly find out that most of the crew has been butchered and that horrific monsters of all different varieties are lurking around every corner. It's a pretty action filled book that gives just enough mystery to keep the reader hooked. On top of that, the sequel is currently being edited, so it won't be too long before that's out as well!


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It truly is a community. There's no real competition between authors, because we know we're all working toward our own goals. The amount of support I've received is incredible, and you would be hard pressed to find a more supporting group of people.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you! At the end of the day, you're the reason I write. It's your love of my writing that gives me the drive to keep creating things. I would personally love to sit down with each and every one of you and just nerd out over books and writing. I truly appreciate you all.


Where can people connect with you?

I mostly communicate through my Twitter: https://twitter.com/Radarsteal1 and my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WriterRadarDeBoard. If you wanna check out my other work than my Amazon page is always a good place to start: https://www.amazon.com/author/radardeboard


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview