Patricia M Osborne interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

A little bit about me. I was born in Liverpool but have lived in the south east of England for over fifty years. I’m married, mother to three children, and grandmother to six.

 

My professional name is Patricia M Osborne but family and friends know me as Tricia or Trish. I’m a novelist and poet. In my spare time I like to read, walk around my local lake, take nature photographs, play my piano, and listen to classical music.


When did your love of books begin?

I don’t remember a time when I haven’t loved books. As a child my late sister would get cross with me because my head was stuck in a book when she wanted to play.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’m not sure I ever did. I have always wanted to write, but never imagined I could be an author. From a young age I wished for odd poems and short stories to be published but never contemplated a whole book publication. It was following a screenplay I wrote for House of Grace that made me believe I had the capability to write a novel. Now all my short stories want to become longer works. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I’ve loved the process. From writing the first draft to my favourite stage, the editing and layering, when the story comes to life. Receiving the proof and placing the first copy on my bookshelf. I’m very proud of my book babies. The marketing side of things is hard but then I do enjoy being part of the writing community on social media and making new contacts and friends.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Believe in yourself. Join a writers’ group and get used to sharing your work, receiving and offering critique to others. Don’t be fearful of rejection. Rejection is what makes writers strong.


Tell us about your book/books:

House of Grace is a family saga trilogy. Over the three novels the reader travels with the Gilmore and Granville families from the 1950s through the 1980s as the main protagonists struggle with family conflict, romance, poverty and tragedy. Themes include friendship, love, and fashion.

 

Links to find out more and buy

 

House of Grace

The Coal Miner’s Son

The Granville Legacy

 

I have also had three poetry pamphlets published with The Hedgehog Poetry Press.

Taxus Baccata uses nature and myth around trees. The Montefiore Bride is a fictional Victorian story written in prose/poetry and Sherry & Sparkly is a collaborative poetry conversation with a very good writer friend. Limited-edition copies may be purchased via my website shop. Proceeds from The Montefiore Bride go to a local homeless shelter, Crawley Open House, and proceeds from Sherry & Sparkly go to Cancer Research UK.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I have made so many friends, both online and in person, through the writing community. It is a wonderful supportive place to belong.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for their support. For buying my books, recommending my books and taking the time to provide a review on Amazon, Goodreads, private blogs or on social media.


Where can people connect with you?

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/triciaosbornewriter

 

Twitter -    https://twitter.com/PMOsborneWriter

 

Website -   https://whitewingsbooks.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown