Main Character Interview with Duane Simolke and Taldra


Please tell us about the book and the character who is being interviewed.

In an alternate reality, Earth is Valchondria. The one-world government consists of Leader, the Supreme Science Council, and a police force called “the Maintainers.”

Degranon: A Science Fiction Adventure introduces the Iroquois scientist Taldra. One of her sons becomes trapped on the other side of a time portal while the other loses himself to the religious cult Degranon. Can they find their way back to each other before the Degrans destroy Valchondria?

In Sons of Taldra: A Science Fiction Adventure, alien shapeshifters and the secrets of the Maintainers threaten humanity. First published in 2016 as an eBook, Sons of Taldra and a revised edition of Degranon now appear together in the two-in-one collection Taldra. That title character is the subject of this interview.


How did it feel to be given a leading role in this book?

Taldra: I saw myself as a scientist and a mother, not as the Leader of the human home world. I’m not sure how my role grew so large. I went to a rally supporting space exploration, where I met my future spouse and got arrested. We worked together on a project for nearly two decades, before finding ourselves and one of our sons in the middle of a conspiracy that involved an ancient religious cult.


Obviously to us this was a tale but for you it was something you actually went through, how did you find the journey we read about?

Taldra: I seemed to stumble into it, not knowing the plotting that involved me. I found myself used by Dr. Geln, a Degran who wished harm on Valchondria and my beloved spouse, Hachen. The rally where I met Hachen involved the need for bringing back space exploration. I still couldn’t believe the Maintainers would keep defending their decision to shut down the space program, knowing the world faced overpopulation and a dwindling hope of scientific advancement. The Maintainers became too powerful: judges, juries, jailers, military, and police. During my next adventure, the alien shapeshifters targeted the city I call home.


If you could do the journey over again would you have done anything differently?

Taldra: I would never have trusted Dr. Geln, and I would have protected my family better.


A lot of people would love to know what's next for you?

Taldra: Focusing more on freedom for everyone, while also expanding scientific exploration on Valchondria.


If you could say anything to the people who read about you in this book what would it be?

Taldra: Don’t let other people tell you that you don’t have the right to exist, the right to be different or think differently from others, or the right to express yourself. Stand for your convictions. Also, tell your loved ones that you love them.


How was it working with the author of your book?

Taldra: He’s in an alternate reality where the human home world of Valchondria is called “Earth,” so I wasn’t really aware of his attempts at articulating my life experiences. With so many important characters, I’m still not sure why the collection uses my chosen name as its title. I’m humbled and honored, but please give my brave sons more recognition.


You can find Taldra here - 

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/taldra-duane-simolke/1138452828?ean=2940162044963

https://www.amazon.com/Taldra-SciFi-Adventures-Duane-Simolke-ebook/dp/B071L1YBL7

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Taldra-Science-Fiction-Adventures-SciFi-ebook/dp/B071L1YBL7/



Taldra character artwork by Anadelaossa.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview