Lizzie Maxwell interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

As a child, I was the recipient of many a book from the rich relatives of Boston.  I read one after another.  They were a great escape from the rigid rules of my parent's household.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I've been writing since I was in 5th grade starting with poetry.  I wrote my first play at 18.  It won a prize.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I don't work by process.  I just write what I want when I want.  I do not write everyday even though I keep meaning to.  I wish I was that kind of disciplined writer, but I'm not.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Give it a go!  Why not?


Tell us about your book/books:

I have one published book that I published myself, and a few short films, and plays I've written.  The book was "Little Fish in a Big Pond - a Support Guide for Actors" which I used segue out of acting in order to write more.  That was 20 years ago.  I've been concentrating on children's books.  I am pre-published but I have a number of books I deem ready.  It's hard for me to motivate myself to send them out.  But I will.  I must.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Wait for me, I'll be coming 'round the mountain.


Where can people connect with you?

@laughingliz


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview