Lisa Chronister interview 2

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 2


First of all welcome back for another interview with Feed My Reads as our community really do appreciate you taking the time to do this.


So, our first question is who is your writing hero?

George RR Martin is my writing hero. I just adore how real his characters are. I fell madly in love with John Snow. I just read the books, so I only know what I heard from spoilers about the show, but in the books, John snow dies. I mourned him. That was something I loved about George RR Martin. His characters were so real, and he had no problem killing them off. It created such an emotional rollercoaster you could not help, but keep reading. That is what I strive for in my books. I want my reader to be so attached they can’t help but come back for more.


Which book or books would you say influenced you the most on your writing journey?

There were so many books that influenced my writing. To name a few The Game of Thrones series, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Aragon, Fallen. Who am I kidding? Pretty much every book I have ever read has played a hand in shaping the writer I am today. When I was a child, I was addicted to R.L Stine. I read everything by him, and the first stories I wrote were much like those stories. Those stories, although much different than the ones I write now, played a huge role in shaping my writer’s voice.


If you could choose one book by someone else that you wish you had written then which would it be and why?

Ken Follet Pillars of the Earth. It is one of my two favorite books. If I could choose any book, I wish I had written, it would be that one. Ken Follet had such a way of bringing you into his characters’ lives and wanting to know more about them. It was such a beautiful story. And really when I write it all boils down to one thing, and Seether said it best when they sang “All I really want is something beautiful to say, to never fade away, I want to live forever.” Ken Follett will live on forever between the pages of his story.


Who have been your biggest supporters during your writing career to date and what would you like to say to them?

My fiancé has hands down been my biggest supporter. It took me eleven years to write my first book. I refused to believe I was good enough and tried to throw in the towel on multiple occasions. He refused to let me quit. He all but forced me to publish, and I cannot thank him enough for it. I wanted to so bad, because it was an accomplishment I dreamed about, and I have a big birthday coming up. Everyone has that one thing they swear they are going to do by a certain age, and I was quickly approaching that age. I was scared. He just gave me the push I needed.


We all know how important reviews are to authors so if you could speak directly to them what would you say about reviewing books they read?

Reviews are the single most important thing a reader can do to support a writer. Good reviews are great for the obvious reasons, it helps other readers take a chance on your book. However even mediocre or bad reviews have a place, if they are well thought out and constructive, it is a learning experience for the writer to do better on their next book. 


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: @LisaWil45693444

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100073666057517,

Website: https://descentfromanwyncom.wordpress.com/

Goodread: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/21991792.Lisa_Chronister

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/LisaChronister/e/B09WQJZGYN/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_ebooks_1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview