Leah Moyes interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

The very beginning haha, Some of my favorites as a child were "Ferdinand the Bull" and "Where the Wild Things Are."


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In 9th grade, I had a teacher who really helped me to recognize my interest and I like to think talent. It took me many years later, however, to take the leap.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It has been a journey. I have really enjoyed learning from other authors and engaging with readers and fans. I have published both traditionally and Indie and have found I like the control I have with self-publishing more.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it! I wish I had started when I was 20! Listen to those who have tried and errored, don't make the same mistakes we did, pay attention, and your process will go much smoother.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have a background in archaeology and because of my travel and digs, I stumbled across amazing stories. Historical Fiction (Berlin Butterfly Series, Second Survivor) is my main genre, but I have written a Historical Romance series, (The Charlock time-travel series), and just released a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice called "Rock Pride, Country Prejudice" (Rock n roll meets country.) It's my first contemporary romance but with all the crazy southern sayings it was a lot of fun to write!









What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love that we can learn anything! We can read about other countries, cultures, languages, and people just by opening a book.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Read all different types of books. Stretch your interests and you just might find you love a genre you never imagined you would.


Where can people connect with you?

My website, https://www.leahmoyes.com/ and Facebook @berlinbutterfly 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview