J.J. Egosi interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi! I’m J.J. Egosi, the author of Grimlock Tales and the Demonheart series. I’ve been writing for over 6 years now. My passion began with a very surreal dream I had back in college. I haven’t put down the metaphorical quill ever since. 


When did your love of books begin?

I would actually say I never really loved books. I enjoy the art of storytelling, rather. Usually, through video games or anime. I recall my father forcing me to read books as a punishment when I was younger. Since then, I never found I could sit through an entire novel. Often, because the pacing is too slow or the concept just doesn’t grab me. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

The dream I had was what sparked the desire. I’ve always wanted to do something creative, whether it was playing music or creating some sort of art. Writing novels was the last thing on my mind up until that point, but I can’t say I regret this path for a moment. This gave me the opportunity to offer what I feel a lot of books lack: pacing. Stories are often too slow for me. I want the meat of the tale in that moment. With my faster paced and action packed stories, my intention is exactly that. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s definitely one with challenges. There’s a lot people don’t see behind the pages. Industry rules and a whole lot of technical challenges that come with turning a manuscript into a functional book one can purchase. I’ve had an enjoyable experience learning this all, however. I hope to keep bettering my understanding of the process and deliver better qualities books. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say there are a lot of things you’ll need to be very good at that you may not want to learn. For example, understanding how to format a story into a legible manuscript. Marketing, as well. I’m not good by any means, but there’s no one who can market your book better than you, so it’s a critical skill. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Grimlock Tales is a 13 piece short story anthology about a witch doctor seeking out the paranormal. Curiosity kills and controls the mind in more lives than one. Demonheart is a long running series that follows the archangel in his path to self discovery and his search for the memories he lost of his previous life. The subconscious is a pretty common theme in my writing, but not an intrusive one by any means. I enjoy writing about the macabre and exploring various character relationships. I often put them before the world building because this is typically what I’ll remember best after watching a good anime. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I think it’s a really nice and inclusive corner of the internet. A fantastic place to meet like minded people. Often, you’ll get a rotten apple or two or ten when joining an online community. No such produce here. Join it if you haven’t and have some fun!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I don’t really have a lot of readers if I’m being honest. Again, marketing isn’t my strong suit…but I suppose for the morbidly curious who’d like to pick up one of my books, expect something much faster than what you’re used to. It may end a bit too quickly for your taste, as well. I write with the goal of releasing sequels and I try to release them fast. If Demonheart 1 reaches its conclusion too soon for you, Demonheart 2 is already waiting for you :)


Where can people connect with you?

You can follow me here on these social media platforms-

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EgosiJ

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jegosi17

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/j.j.egosi/


You can also contact me through my website: demonheartchronicles.com

I’ll see you there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview