James Sherwood Metts interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I was born on August 14, 1958 in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have had an attraction towards many living things like plants, birds, fish, and German Shepherds.  I read a lot of fiction books and non-fiction books. I went to the library about 3 to 4 times a week. When I reached the adulthood where I had to fend for myself, I began to see the world as incompatible. I was very ignorant to the ways of the world so I had read more, go to seminars and watch financial shows to try to catch up on my education. I noticed there are many people trying to figure out what's going on.  Why we are here? Our purpose?  
After some decades passed I came to learn that there is one word that described how the world operated.  I also learned how anyone can make use of that one word to change the for their world for the better.  That answer is in my book Planet Storyland and the Words of the Few. 


When did your love of books begin?

Around 2 years old.  My mother would read to me as though she was the author of all of those books.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Once I realized I couldn't get rich working for someone else.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Frustrating and fun.  It was all about mixing and matching words and sentences.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Believe in your story and honestly love the process.


Tell us about your book/books:

Planet Storyland and the Words of the Few is about a boy, Quentin Augustine, who lives on the planet Gliese and read a book called EARTHLINGS. He is shocked to learn there are people on another planet who look just like him except they live in suspense.  He wants to come to Earth to see us and how we live with his own eyes. His parents are against it because we are seen as aliens. Quentin, however, throws caution to the wind and finds his way to Earth with "the good news. "


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The varied interests.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

There's nothing else better than being alive so take out a pen and paper, and let your questions be your guide!


Where can people connect with you?

Facebook, Twitter and www.planetstoryland.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview