Hannah Powell interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I have always been a bookworm, with a book and a torch under my duvet after 'lights off'. It was probably at age nine or so that I really started reading avidly.  


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In lockdown. I saw a Facebook pop-up called 'Write That Book' with Michael Heppell and thought why not! 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I have loved it. I have been writing for work for twenty years, so that came quite naturally. I hadn't expected it to be quite so obsessive. Once I started writing it just poured out of me. The editing was hard work but worth giving time to, as it improved my work no end. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just get writing! Find a reason to write, and ideally some other people who are doing the same. You can encourage each other. 


Tell us about your book/books:

The Cactus Surgeon: Using Nature to Fix A Faulty Brain is a nature and health memoir. Living in London I suffered burnout and was diagnosed with a functional neurological disorder. I found my own way to get better, reconnecting with nature to help me do this. In my book I reflect back on the contrast of my childhood living next to a garden centre to the capital where I found myself ill. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Their love of books! The understanding that being a writer is hard work. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you! And please post a review!


Where can people connect with you?

www.thecactussurgeon.com or search for The Cactus Surgeon on social media. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview