ER Wills interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

ER Wills is a multi genre author who has always had a passion for fiction. Since she was a child she has been an avid reader and has loved writing stories. Her first book is a scifi and short story with humour called What Happened To Neil Frost? ER Wills is currently writing her second book, which is a humourous drama about modern life.


When did your love of books begin?

Ever since I can remember. It's the escape from reality that does it for me, so when my elders read us bedtime stories and I was able to flick through books, that's where it all started. I was a sucker for fairy tales and was always a heavy duty daydreamer, not surprisingly!


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

If I'm honest, it's always been there. You can feel it deep inside of you. At school I was in my element when I was asked to write stories, but was always frustrated because there was never enough time to complete them. Then later as I was reading novels as an adult, I kept thinking, " I can do this, I'd like to do this."


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Very gradual but I love it. The process of writing is difficult but addictive; but I think anything worth achieving generally is. The buzz is getting to the next stage, for example finishing a draft and starting another, then sending it to the beta and proof readers, until finally you can publish, bingo!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just do it, seriously. Writing is a craft and the more you do it the more you learn. Also, don't listen to negative people, they probably don't know the first thing about writing or the book industry anyway. That's why it's vital that you connect with readers, writers and authors online. My first go to place is Twitter and the writing community. They're full of support and very friendly.


Tell us about your book/books:

So the book that is published is my debut. It's a short story available on Kindle.
What Happened To Neil Frost? Is about a middle aged alcoholic who is down on his luck. He lives alone, he has no job and he has failed with every single relationship he's ever had, One night he's walking home from the pub and has a UFO encounter. The following morning he is visited by the MIB but is very unimpressed by them. Then he has an idea. Money and fame beckons.
My second book is currently being written, and I'm enjoying it. It's of a very different genre about modern life. Barbara has recieved a call from her elderly mother. She is marrying a fellow resident at the nursing home. Organising a wedding is complicated at the best of times, especially when life isn't always what it seems to be, and love is as equally deceptive.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

They're so friendly and supportive! And the more people you get to know the more support you get.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for taking the time out to read my book. I hope you enjoyed it. If not, I'm sorry that you didn't. Being a multi genre author, I hope I can gain your loyalty as a reader, and I also hope that there will be something for everyone to read.


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me on Twitter and Facebook.
My Twitter username is @CovillEmma
Or check out my Face book pages: ER Wills Author
or Emma Covill


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown